Android Q – compatibility maintained
And it is – the first development version of Android Q, which in the users’ phones will begin to appear next year. I have watch, check and i am hurry to inform you what’s new. As for the compatibility of your applications made for Android 5.0 Lollipop and newer, you do not have to worry about anything – I did not find any compatibility problems. In fact, Android Q does not change much, compared to the current version of Android: Pie. It is rather a set of user interface improvements. Nothing that could affect the functionality or compatibility of existing applications. The most important changes in my opinion:
• Android Q allows you to change system themes – accent colors, fonts, and icon shapes. It also adds a night mode.
• The estimated time of work on the current battery charge is shown on the quick settings bar.
• You can share details about the Wi-Fi network using a QR code.
• Android Q introduces native desktop mode after connecting an external monitor.
• Screen recording function has been added.
Somewhat more interesting, but again – not revolutionary – changes have been added “under the hood” and they may matter if you plan to update your application or produce a new one. These are functions available to programmers, so their use can be taken into account when designing the application:
• Additional information from cameras is available – the depth of the image and individual objects on the shot.
• Support for folded smartphones.
• Additional settings for IoT devices.
Leave a reply